Payments & Fees
Our Fees Explained
The Shepparton Medical Centre is a mixed billing practice. We aim to balance our patients’ need for affordable quality health care, with the need to operate a financially sustainable business.
Our team believe that your health is our priority. All of our doctors value providing quality health care and working as a team. We will book an appointment with your doctor of choice and may introduce you to more than one doctor to ensure that we can provide you with access to care when you need it.
We keep a small number of appointments available in case a patient needs to be seen on the same day. Call our team if this is the case.
Our fees are reviewed annually and are determined by a combination of factors including Medicare indexation, costs associated with running a medical practice and our patients.
PAYMENT FOR SERVICE
Fees are payable at time of consultation by EFTPOS, we also accept cash payments. In most cases we can process your Medicare refund on-the-spot, at the time of payment.
Your health comes first and is our main priority. If you are experiencing financial difficulty in paying your account, please speak to our Practice Manager who may be able to assist you with a payment plan and/or offer alternative options for care.
Patients will fall into one of the following fee levels:
New Patient Appointments
- Will incur a private fee, regardless of bulk bill eligibility for standard consultations.
- 17 – 74 years of age
- No Pension Card, Healthcare Card or Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA).
- Over 16 years of age and holds a Pension Card or Healthcare Card.
Bulk Bill (for standard consultation)
- Under 16 years of age
- Over 75 years of age with an active Health Assessment
- Department of Veteran Affairs Card (eligible conditions only)
PRIVATE OUT OF POCKET FEE | $41.00
- <20 minutes $82.40 before Medicare rebate
- 21 – 39 minutes $121.10 before Medicare rebate 40+ minutes $159.00 before Medicare rebate
CONCESSION OUT OF POCKET FEE | $28.00
- <20 minutes $69.40 before Medicare rebate
- 21 – 39 minutes $108.10 before Medicare rebate 40+ minutes $146.00 before Medicare rebate
- Cancellation fee of $41 may be applied to patients that provide less than 2 hours cancellation notification or that fail to attend appointments.
MEDICARE BULK BILLED FOR EVERYONE
- Flu injection consultation
- B12 injection consultation
- INR testing and dosing
- Blood Pressure Checks provided by Nurse
- Weight loss consultations provided by Nurse
- Results received via telephone from the treating doctor
Please speak to our team to check eligibility for:
- Health Assessments Care Plans
- Mental Health Plans
Video is our preferred method of delivery for Telehealth consultations. Medicare rebate eligibility for consultations (video/phone):
- patients who have seen one of our doctors at our practice for a face to face consultation in the last 12 months
- patients under the age of 12 month
- patients experiencing homelessness
- patients living in a COVID impacted area*
- patients living in areas currently declared as ‘natural disaster’ areas by State or Territory Government
- patients accessing specific MBS items for blood borne viruses, sexual or reproductive health, pregnancy counselling services, nicotine and smoking cessation counselling
CONVENIENT SERVICES THAT ATTRACT PRIVATE FEES
- Prescription renewals without standard consultation
- Ear syringe
- Wound review
- Diabetes education session
- Eye treatment
- Health screening (pre-employment medicals, fitness test, life insurance medical, commercial licence, legal proceedings)
- Workers compensation
OUR TEAM CONTINUE TO LEARN AND OFFER PREMIUM SERVICES THAT THEY HAVE COMPLETED FURTHER TRAINING TO PROVIDE
- Aclasta infusion
- Desensitisation injections Iron Infusion
- Implanon insertion
- Implanon removal
- Laceration repair
- Mirena insertion
- Mirena removal
- Pregnancy Counselling
- Skin biopsy/Excisions
- Skin check
- Travel/Work Vaccinations Venesection
A printable (PDF) version of our Billing Policy is available.